HINDU SWAYAMSEVAK SANGH (UK)
Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh (UK) (Registered Charity No: 267309) takes the issue of privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting all personal data held on individuals. This policy explains how Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh (UK) collects and uses the personal information provided.
- Who are we?
- What personal data we collect about you?
- Why we use your personal data?
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Sharing your personal data
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- Your rights and your personal data
- Changes to our Policy
- Contact Details
Who are we?
Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh (UK) (referred as HSS (UK) from here on) is the “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and (from 25 May 2018) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“Data Protection Law”). This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
What personal data we collect about you?
- We will collect personal information like (non-exhaustive list) your name, title, email address, physical address, postal address, contact details, date of birth, etc.
- We may collect photos and/or video data during events organised by HSS (UK)
- We may also collect your bank account details or card details to process your donations or purchases or to claim Gift-Aid on your donations.
- We may also collect your health information.
Why we use your personal data?
- To keep you informed or get in touch with you regarding any of our activities or those that may be related to our activities
- To undertake public relations activities
- To keep a record of your relationship with us
- To process your donations or purchases or to claim Gift-Aid on your donations
- Mandatory / Regulatory processing (Attendance register, DBS, First Aid, other relevant certifications) and administrative tasks
- To administer the volunteering arrangement where you volunteer with us.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for processing your personal information is ‘legitimate interests”. Under “legitimate interests” we can process your personal information if: we have a genuine and legitimate reason to carry out our activities and conduct events.
Sharing your personal data
We will not sell or rent your information (including web browsing activity) to third party organisations, and we will not share your personal information for others to use for the purposes of marketing.
In line with key objectives, events and activities of HSS (UK), we may disclose your personal data to certain third party organisations who are processing data solely in accordance with our instructions (called ‘data processors’). This includes companies and/or organisations that work with us or on our behalf to deliver our objectives, events, activities and certifications (for example providers of mail management, payment providers, event organisers, agencies used to conduct DBS checks) as well as professionals we use such as insurers, auditors or accountants. We only use those data processors who can guarantee to us that adequate safeguards are put in place by them to protect the personal data they process on our behalf.
We may run an event or activity in partnership with another organisation and your details may need to be shared, should this be the case you will be notified in such circumstance.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority); or, in order to enforce our conditions of sale and other agreements.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activities and events. We are legally required to hold some personal data to fulfil statutory obligations, for example the collection of Gift Aid and DBS disclosure.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- Access to your personal information: The right to request a copy of your personal data which HSS (UK) holds about you. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing, and provide us with evidence of your identity.
- Rectification: The right to request us to correct or change any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
- Restriction: The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- Erasure: The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for HSS (UK) to retain such data
Changes to our Policy
We shall review this privacy from time to time and may update it. If we do so, the updated version will be uploaded here on our website so please check it from time to time.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance email us on GDPR@hssuk.org
Version 1.0 Updated on: 16/05/2018